Chicken Enchiladas Keto Style
About a month ago….. I started searching for chicken enchilada recipes on the internet for 2 reasons.
Firstly, I have a girls’ trip planned this coming summer. There’s 5 of us and we each have one evening to cook a dinner for the rest of the bunch while we’re together at the beach. I’ve been trying to figure out something different and this year I came up with having my night be a Mexican Theme Night. Yep… margaritas will be in the game plan along with nachos and salsa, a Mexican dessert and Chicken Enchiladas! I can’t wait to make this recipe for the gang!
And the second reason for searching out recipes these days is, I’ve been eliminating “bad carbohydrates” and living as healthy as possible since the beginning of 2017. I’m cooking “Keto Style” these days! To learn more about Keto//OS, CLICK HERE.
The biggest thing I’ve been doing is staying away from “white” foods; potatoes, bread, pasta; foods with a lot of carbs! Tortilla wraps are one of those carbs-rich foods I’m living without. So making this chicken enchilada recipe took a little creativity on my part to make the wraps.
That’s why it’s here on Crafts And A Carafe. It’s a REAL edible craft!
Watch this quick video below before you read any further!
Chicken Enchiladas Keto Style
- 8 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons of water
- 2 teaspoons of coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine salt
- 4 teaspoons of coconut oil (I used nothing because I have the Copper Chef Square Pan. LOVE THIS PAN!)
- 1 precooked rotisserie chicken (you’ll need about 1 lb. of shredded chicken)
- about 1/8 teaspoon of onion salt
- 1 (4 oz) can Hatch Diced Green Chiles
- 1 (15 oz) can of Hatch Enchilada Green Chile Sauce
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups of Mexican Shredded Cheese
Preheat oven to 375°. Spray or grease a square baking dish or 9 x 13 pan and set aside.
Tortilla Egg Wraps:
- In a large bowl combine eggs, water, flour and salt. Whisk until broken up and the flour is completely dissolved.
- In batches, heat a teaspoon of coconut oil in pan over medium heat and pour a small amount of egg mixture to coat the bottom of your pan. (I used no oil because of my great copper pan!)
- Cook until the wrap is completely set on the edges. Tilt the pan to get any wet part to the edges to cook. This should take about 3-6 minutes per wrap.
- Remove from heat. Carefully slide the wrap onto a plate or parchment paper to cool. Continue with step 2 and 3 until all wraps are made.
- Shred the rotisserie chicken (and have a little sample or 2!)
- Place in bowl and add the onion powder and the diced green chilies.
- Lay about 1/4 cup or more of chicken mixture onto your egg wrap and gently roll up placing the seam side down in prepared pan. Continue until all wraps are filled and in the pan.
- If you have any chicken mixture left, simple add on top of your wraps.
- Cover wraps with Hatch Green Chile Sauce.
- Last step is to cover everything with cheese.
Bake at 375° for about 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and browning on top.
Remove from oven and let sit 5-10 minutes.
Serve with a green salad.
Total Carbohydrates: about 6 grams
Since my husband and I have been using the Keto//OS system, and we are watching our carbohydrate intakes, this seemed to be a great dinner idea! It’s very filling … and actually made 3 meals for the 2 of us. I was able to make 6 egg wraps about 4 x 8 inches long. Each of us were only able to eat one of these enchiladas at each meal. The great news is that I actually think these were better the next 2 days when I reheated them for lunch.
Please feel free to ask us about the Keto//OS system we have fallen in love with! As of this writing, my husband and I have lost a combined weight of 36 lbs. in about 2 months. We feel better, have more energy, are in better moods and sleep restfully, just to mention a few.
Try our 5-day sample pack. You will most likely see results in those 5 days. Click here to order now!
If you’ve been wanting to work on personal development for yourself but haven’t really explored how, maybe we can help. We have a plan to help YOU with YOUR road to wellness by simply changing a few things in your life. Contact us and we’ll get you started now!
Crafting is my passion.
If you have a passion that you want to turn into an online business …
… I can show you how I’ve done it.
Everyone has a story to tell, a passion they love.
If you’ve been searching for ways to make money from home or any where in the world,
you owe it to yourself to at least check out what I’m doing.
Beth & John Tomasovic
8:30 pm on May 28th, 2017